Hello Preschool Families!
We had another great preschool week! Here’s your update:
Learning in the classroom
- Tracing letter “I”
- Sight words “I” and “see”
- Some students wrote “I” words from the word wall to add to the sentence chart
- Monthly theme: “My Body”
Performing arts lessons
- Ballet classes were introduced to the ballet barre and worked on battement, skipping or hopping on one leg, chaine turns, arabesque, releve, and retire.
- Music classes are working on music terms adagio, andante, and allegro with rhythm instruments and games
- Acro classes continued work on flexibility and strength, log rolls, bear crawls, and monkey jumps
- If your child is not going to perform in the June recital, “The Life of Bugs”, you must fill out an opt-out form HERE by October 28th or your card on file will be charged the production fee ($40) and the costume fee ($70) the week of October 31st. Both are non-refundable. You can read the FAQ HERE.
- October 27th – Halloween party! Come dressed in costume for games, dance party, and prizes (no candy will be given out)
- October 31st – Halloween party! Come dressed in costume for games, dance party, and prizes (no candy will be given out)
- Please label your child’s dance shoes, water bottles, snack boxes, and backpacks.
- If you would like to join the preschool Facebook page, join HERE.
- Please make sure your preschooler has a sweater or jacket for the cooler weather in the morning for outdoor recess.
- Please help your child practice putting on their coats at home.
Have a great weekend and we’ll see you next week!
Riverside Performing Arts Preschool