Dear Families of Riverside Performing Arts, we understand that the circumstances that have been presented to us during the COVID-19 pandemic have unexpectedly launched us into a new way of learning and teaching. We also understand that these new challenges raise a lot of questions. We want you to know that we are here to support you and will work to answer your questions and continue our students’ quality education remotely. Our teachers and staff are committed to ensuring our students build the skills they need to advance and progress with their performance pieces.
Below are few topics that we would like to address that may help to answer your questions.
When will RPA open the studios?
As you know, Governor Inslee has announced the closure of Washington schools for the remainder of the year. Additionally, Washington non-essential businesses are to remain closed until Phase 3. RPA, is not a public school, we are following the social distancing measures put in place for small businesses to reduce the spread of the virus. Our plan is to establish in person classes starting Phase 3, unless we hear otherwise from the state.
When are Festival Performances?
More to come.
- How do I take my class online?
- All classes are held at their usual time by the usual teacher, online via Zoom video conferencing!
- Visit: https://register.riversidepa.com/2020/03/remote-classes/, enter the password for the web page. The password has been emailed to all Active RPA Families. If you did not receive it, please request it via email to: email@example.com
- On the web page, click on the “Quick Start Guide” for more detailed instruction.
- I missed my class, can I still watch it?
- Yes! We are recording every class. After the class has concluded, the instructor will email the recorded class to all enrolled students. You can stream or download the video to watch when it fits your schedule.
- Can I try additional classes?
- Yes! Your student can attend any AGE and SKILL LEVEL APPROPRIATE Class. Please remember to give yourself plenty of room to move safely and be prepared to be fully attentive.
RPA Financial Assistance during COVID-19
We are also aware that some of our members may experience a financial hardship due to the result of Coronavirus. We are reviewing requests for assistance on a case-by-case basis. Our students’ safety and education are our top priority, and we want provide as many options for their continued education as possible during this unique time. In addition to the standard drop form, we are also offering the following options to our registered students.
To make arrangements, please first contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment arrangements that fit your situation paying what you can now, with the remainder within 3 months.
Put off all payments until a date that you arrange with RPA. Your total will remain the same, but no payments are expected until you are able to arrange payments or pay in full.
Place a hold on your classes and tuition payments. We’ll hold your place in class until you are able to return. This will have no affect on your students’ eligibility to perform in future performances (YDC not eligible).